Mediation is a process whereby an independent, neutral person (the mediator) helps you and your partner find mutually acceptable solutions to divorce and family law disputes. A mediator does not operate as a judge and does not impose solutions on the parties — you decide on your own solutions. The mediator will discuss the issues with the parties and help them bring about a solution. The mediation process is faster, easier and generally less expensive than courtroom litigation
BENEFITS OF MEDIATION
- You have control over the process
- Better lives for the clients
- Reduced conflict – better adjustment for children
- Faster and less time consuming
- Saves money
- More effective communication and parenting
- Improved economic and social functioning
- Client generated solutions.
Zanita offers a number of mediation services and can work with you as a mediator in many ways:
- She can act as a neutral mediator with just the two of you or with the two of you and your lawyers.
- She can act as a neutral mediator with lawyers with peace-making training.
- She can act as a neutral mediator with traditional lawyers in the room
- She can act as a neutral mediator with lawyers signing a disqualification provision.
- She can act as a neutral mediator in a collaborative process.
- She can act as a neutral mediator with unbundled lawyers outside.
- She can act as a neutral mediator with unrepresented parties.
- She can act as a neutral legal and settlement process professional for other mediations.
Zanita A. Zacks-Gabriel is an experienced, competent and compassionate attorney who looks forward to helping you resolve your divorce and family law disputes — respectfully– without the need for costly court intervention.